Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pesky humans

Most of the time they tend to be sort of okay, the people I look after. But from time to time they take it upon themselves to "fix me", like I'm some sort of bloody Coldplay project. I can take care of myself. You should see me out there, keeping neighbourhood cats and birds at bay, fighting off the stealthy slowworms. I don't know what they'd do without me.

Sure, once in a while a soldier catches some flak or shrapnel. I got a bite in the leg. Big deal. I'm limping a bit. Whatever. But they see this and think, "Oh, poor lamb, oh cuddly wuddly, oh vetty wetty."

I try to warn them off with a hiss and a swipe, but they can be pretty tenacious at times, and the next thing I know I'm being manhandled into the blasted carrier and sitting in a room full of dogs and rabbits.

And then they start turning my ears and eyes inside-out and sticking long metal spikes into my neck. Needless to say, I'm never more keen to get back in my carrier than after a trip to that place. I felt quite sleepy afterwards.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Poor cat. I think they just wanted to keep you in tip top shape so you could continue to patrol the grounds keeping the neighbourhood pests at bay. Mind you, how they did was quite undignified... maybe next time just give them a quick swat/scratch to get your point across.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger d34FpUpPy said...

poor catty

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Pigtails said...

What a cool idea for a blog! I love it!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

The indie rock show was a Vegas band named "searchlight". their recorded stuff is okay, but they are amazing live...amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home