Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Monday, June 19, 2006

Well, what do you know?

So there I was, yesterday afternoon, catching some rays, disdainfully sniffing the food my kind landlady had left for me and the other feline pris- ...er, guests. And guess who shows up. The humans! (Be still, my heart. And easy with those exclamation marks, or they’ll think you were happy to see them.)

I was really beginning to think that they would not come back for me. That, angered by my behaviour in the days prior to their departure (I am, indeed, guilty of turning up the crank-o-meter to 11), they would leave me in sheep-gazing heaven for the rest of my days, a modern-day feline Abbe Faria, longing for those carefree days when I belonged in a loving home, with a soft duvet to sleep on and the great outdoors at my unsheathed claws.

The other day, I even approached the landlady as she came into my pen for food, and rubbed my head on her leg for the first time since I’ve started coming here (2003). “This is it,” I thought. “If I want to be kept in fleece blankets and fresh fish, I’d better start making some new friends, quickly!”

And then, they show up. Woman boasting a lovely golden tan, Man hobbling uncomfortably on two very red pins and sneezing uncontrollably. Has he been around another cat, I wonder? Because if he has, there’ll be hell to pay!

A short car ride later, I was home again. Oh, joy! And the humans have put the devilish carrier (pwah, a pox on it!) in the cellar, which I assume is code for “We’re not going anywhere for a while”. I was so happy to be back, I sang all night long, all the while walking around their heads as they were sleeping, just to make sure it wasn’t a dream. I miaowed with delight and glee as Man raised his head and rubbed his eyes at 4.30am to find me shagging his arm with unrestrained enthusiasm. Oh, how I have missed it (the arm).

Now the humans are working and yawning, complaining about not sleeping well... Me, I’m sleepy, so I’m off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home