Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Thursday, June 29, 2006

What’s going on

I'm back. I know it's been a few days, but we've had some strange weather here of late. Firstly it was cold and pouring with rain. So I can't blog on those days cos I'm too dang miserable and decide just to spend all day sleeping on the people's bed.

Now, though, the weather has picked up a bit and I'm taking full advantage of it. This, of course, means I'm spending a lot of time outdoors. And when I'm outdoors I can't blog. Well, duh, cats are just too easy to mug when they're tapping away on a laptop in the park. Not a good idea.

Anyroad up (as they say up north, I believe), I do have a couple of things to report on. I'll start with the bad news.

Usually I have free rein at home. I can come and go as I please. I often hear the woman saying to the man something about "treating this place like a hotel", but I'm sure that's not about me. I mean, they should think themselves lucky that I spend any time with them. No, can't be about me. So... having free rein means I can also go in and out of the cat-flap all night, if I so desire. The people used to lock it at night, to keep me safe or something, but I soon put an end to that by waking them up at 4.30 every morning to let me out. Yes, they soon tired of that game! (Who's the daddy?!)

However, I've been - what would you say? - terrorized of late. There's a cat in the 'hood who just clearly doesn't like me. (I know, I know: what's not to like?) This has been going on for a little while (see here, for example). He'll see me out and about and chase me all the way to my cat-flap. Sometimes he will then lurk outside said flap and punch me in the nose when I stick my head through. This is annoying at best and humiliating at worst. Not to mention painful. But this is a cat's life, so what can you do.

But last week, this guy decided that the cat-flap was no barrier to him. HE WALKED INTO MY FUCKING HOUSE! Can you believe the balls on him? Actually, he's not neutered, and he does have quite a set of balls, both figuratively and factually speaking. Not that I go about looking at such things, but it's impossible to miss them. Not only did he come into my house, but he sprayed in the kitchen doorway. The kitchen, where my people go to prepare food. Dirty chav bastard.

The people heard me growling at him and when he heard Man coming downstairs he made himself pretty scarce. But this happened again the next night... Which is why now they've been keeping me in for a few nights. Partly it makes me feel better knowing that he can't come in (and may eventually give up trying); and partly because it saves me going out and getting beaten up. That said, he did leave a good chunk of his hair on the doorstep the other night when I took a swing at him.

And so for the good news. I have a new friend. Well, I did. For about a minute. This is me giving him a little kiss:

cat&slowworm

And this is him struggling to get away, although I'm really not sure why. I could have been a good friend; we'd've had some fun times together.

cat&slowwormblurry

But they took him away. The people who live with me. Man took some pictures and then said something about it not seeming right taking pictures instead of helping. Woman said something about Kevin Carter, but who knows what that's supposed to mean.

So, that's about all for now. I'm going to go back out in the sun for a while. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home