Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Monday, July 03, 2006

Early morning hunting trip

The humans have been looking a little worse for wear in recent weeks -- all sunken cheeks, sticky-outy ribs, knobbly knees galore -- and there has been a lot of complaining about being hungry all the time, the fridge being constantly empty and whatnot.

I think they’re just a little tired of their old cooking repertoire and fancy a little variety in their diet, so I thought I’d help out. After all, as much as I don’t like to share my wealth, they have been good to me, feeding me top-of-the-range catfood and even treating me to a weekly portion of fish.

So this morning, bright and early, I thought I’d go hunting. These are the fruits of my labour.


I left it on the rug, just in front of the box the humans often sit in front of, where I knew they would see it. And then I went out again. I am not one to bask in the glory of my selfless actions, you see.

When I returned, it was gone. Woman was the first to thank me for my brave and arduous deed and she praised my hunting skills. I like praise. Man soon followed suit and scratched me on the chin, but with the respect one owes to their provider.

I purred with pride and retired to their room for a well-deserved nap. These hunting trips really take it out of me...

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Ah, the boy done good, that's for sure. And a delicious breakfast it was, too.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cat,
I envy your ability to walk outside whenever you want, and torment such foul fowl. My people, they don't let me outside past the concrete pad of our doorstep. Girl person tells me she had to sign a contract never to let me out...a condition of my adoption from the shelter. Whatever!
Us cats must unite! I will make sure Girl person sees this important function of cat life which you have detailed so well. Perhaps your views will convince her to bow to my feline instinct. Continue your good work of feeding your persons...if you fail and their refridgerator remains empty, you may become their main course....shudder! Remind them often that you do not taste of chicken!

Meow,
Sully McBullers

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Red said...

I've heard Woman say that cats taste like rabbit, and I know for a fact that she doesn't eat Thumper & Co, so I think I can relax around her.

Man, however, has been known to eat anything, including deep-fried sheep's brains. Shudder indeed. You might be right: regular hunting trips is the way forward.

7/20

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Camie Vog said...

As suspected! My cat is at play (on the computer) while his clueless owner (me) is looking away.




2/20

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Red has developed some sort of personality disorder, writing as though she were me.

Camie Vog: Thanks for your visit. Don't be too hard on Sully.

Sully: Contract schmontract! It ain't worth the paper it's written on. Although I have heard it said that outdoor cats have shorter lives than their restricted brethren, so she might be on to something that pet of yours. Miaow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home