Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry...

Last night I finally re-entered the Red Room, where the people sleep. It was out of bounds for the whole of last week, when the people's noisy friends were here (and don't get me started on that...), and then I thought I'd stay away for another handful of days, just to make my displeasure at the disruption known. No amount of night-time coaxing was going to change my mind. However, by last night, I thought the people had suffered enough, so about 4.30am, I deigned them with my sublime feline presence again.

The Woman was very pleased to see me and, disappointingly, seemed not bothered by the timing of my appearance. Shame. She made room for me on her side of the bed and started rubbing my chin. Ooh, damn her, she knows just what to do to get back in my good books... Then I took a stroll around the head of the Man and sat on his pillow for a while. He was also most happy to have me back, pooey arse and all. My, they must have missed me during the past ten days or so!

Then, this morning, I played another little trick on them. I started sniffing at the food in my bowl and miaowing my disdain out loud. The Woman, thinking the food had been there since the night before, promptly changed it for me, muttering something about what a waste of poor little rabbits that was. Evs. After putting new food down for me, she gave me a little stroke to get me to eat (a little trick I taught them when I was little) and -- get this! -- I hissed at her. She was taken aback a little and tried another stroke. I hissed louder (kinda like in this picture), turned my back on her and went out.

Angry

Now... the Woman is a bit of a grass, so she relayed the whole episode to the Man, who revealed to her that the food at which I was turning up my nose was actually fresh from this morning. Ha ha! Anyway, they both charged into the bathroom, where I was having my mid-morning nap, and started going on about the little rabbits again and about how having a child and sending him to university would be cheaper than feeding me and blah blah blah. I yawned and covered my eyes with my paw.

They looked at each other and did this thing where one of them tries to articulate my thoughts. Strangely enough, they got it right this time when the Woman said, "You're boring me now. Fuck off and leave me be."

5 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! Kitty, you kill me.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Tamarai said...

You know, I think you might like our Mischa....

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. He's got you wrapped around his little paw. One of ours, the mama cat, has amped up her 4 am meowing for food.

and hey look--I can post again as minerva jane. guess blogger beta has worked out (some) of hte kinks.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make m cook u a chicken

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel: Ah, we like to amuse. When we feel like it. But don't laugh AT me.

Tanya: I'm don't play well with other cats.

Minerva: I've given up on the 4am miaows for a while. I prefer to just keep walking around their heads while they sleep, waiting for them to give the bed back to me.

DP: I'm not big on chicken, so I think they won't bother doing that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home