Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cat Haiku

During these ungodly hot days, I like to lie under the People's bed and entertain myself by panting myself cool or reading some Japanese poetry. Cat Haiku by Deborah Coates contains several rhymes that define my feline essence with concise perfection.

Take this one, for example:

You get a massage,
I roll in the dirt. Both are
Relaxing, aren’t they?


Or this one:

You must love this thing
Called "work" since you go there so
Much. I'd rather nap.



Do any fellow blogging felines have any cool cat haiku to share?

11 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find u funny
hork a hairball on tha sheets
drop one in mums shoe

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Puppy,
If that's the right thing to do.
She feeds me, you see.

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat love is true love
Lick their butts, then kiss our face
Still, we snuggle them

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat told me this one:

The dog lies sleeping.
I love to rudely pounce on her.
The screech is amazing!

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She told me this one, too:


Thunder scare the dog.
I watch her smugly from the bed
where I am safe.

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, put an "S" after scare.
My cat still has some grammar issues.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat black white n mew
r u in italy 2
bring provalone

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do u ever get
stuffed squid 2 eat? y not
mmm mmm kitty treat\
notta haiku, just says hi n i miss u

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your haiku.
They really made my day. I
enjoyed reading them.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

No squid, DP, no.
And no provalone either.
People are useless.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Oops, looks like Cat has used my ID. Cheeky monkey. And I see he's used poetic licence with the pronunciation of provolone, making it three syllables instead of four.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home