Cat: A Blog of Disasters

Being the exploits and adventures of a cat about town

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hmmm....

The people are doing something in the garden, and I know not what. They went out while I was under the bed this afternoon, and when they came back they had bags of gravel and other things.

They put the gravel bags on the ground -- barely missing the pieces of slowworm that I'd left to cure in the sun, I might add. They would have been in so much trouble if they'd've squished that, I can tell you.

Then they started moving plants and flowers around. This kind of unnerves me for two reasons:

1. I had become quite accustomed to where things were, and I thought it was all just right the way it was;

2. It seems I must have missed the meeting when all of this was discussed. When I say I "missed the meeting", of course what I really mean is that they held said meeting without me, and that is not something that sits well with a cat.

To make matters worse, on close inspection of the gravel I have to ask myself whether anyone gave any thought to the size of the gravel versus the size of the gaps between the pads of my feet. I'll wager they didn't...

7 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Suze said...

But, you will be able to go and s**t in that gravel. So don't be disheartened. :)

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thay never ask us but it is a p-i- a (quite literally) at least my da put in a little brick walk thru tha gravel mabe urs will 2

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat,
This was most rude of the People. You must persistantly convey that they are to include you in the matter of all changes. You have rights, Cat! As for the gravel issue...If a proper walkway is not installed for you, I suggest you contact the authorities. In the mean time, begin using the push and fling technique on the gravel in protest.

Meow,
Sully McB

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger mister anchovy said...

Only one of the 6 lions that live in our house is interested in blogging - that's William....formerly Willie, but now he's an older guy, mature, so we bumped him up to William. He likes to walk on my keyboard and stand in front of the screen when I'm blogging.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

liek ur little mooostache looks as if u were in tha creme

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a lot of comments...

Suze: Don'cha just know it. That'll piss them right off!

D34dpuppy: I don't know. My people aren't very smart at home improvements. Claws crossed.

Sully: Rights schmights. Oh, I'll be pushing 'n' flinging, you can rest assured. Tee hee.

Mister Anchovy: Mmmm... anchovies. Your lions sound lovely.

D34dpuppy: Thank you. I don't like cream, but I do like my moustache.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cat,

I suggest the revenge I use on my Human (a male). When in doubt, pee on the bed. Works everytime. I have my human running to answer my every whim.

Yours

Fatboy
(Tideliar's Cat)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home